Creating Artful Sacred Spaces
Sat/Sun, March 14-15, 2020. $345 (3 spots left)
Sat/Sun, August 15-16, 2020. $345
Class times: Saturday 1 - 4 pm and Sunday 10 am - 4 pm
Taught by Linda Robertson and Fred Swan*
All levels welcome
What do you do with the ticket stub to the show where you met your sweetheart? Or the heart shaped stone you picked up on your birthday hike? These items hold more history than the objects suggest, and are worthy of being honored. This class will introduce you to the idea of gathering personal objects and creating sacred spaces for them as a practice of self-discovery, storytelling, and meditation.
Making space for these items and the memories they evoke is a powerful way to create a connection between your past and your future. Experience mindfulness as it relates to the creation of personal and celebratory spaces which we call Realms for the Soul. You can use Realms to address the stresses and challenges of everyday life, honor celebrations and losses, or to meditate on your intentions, hopes, tributes, and offerings.
What you will create
Along with several methods of mindfulness exercises, Fred and I will assist you in creating your own personalized Realm. Through guided exercises you will:
Join this small group of inquisitive creators to explore the practice of mindfulness, meditation, and the creation of sacred spaces.
- Gather, assemble, and share objects of meaning from your own life
- Create and embellish a presentation board where these objects can be gathered and honored
- Create a wax infused vessel to hold objects and personal symbols of intent and gratitude
- Write and personalize an intentions scroll preserving your thoughts, intentions, wishes, or prayers
All supplies will be provided except for your personal items. Confirmation, directions to my studio and additional information will be emailed to each student upon registration. Space is limited to 6 students so classes fill quickly.
*Fred Swan is an artist and author who has focused, in recent years, on encaustic painting and the publication of the monthly online magazine 2nd Tuesday.
Educationally Fred received a Master's degree in Social Work. He studied art and design during his undergraduate years. While his career focused on the field of child welfare, teaching, and the treatment of loss and grief issues - he pursued, over the course of his career, his interests as an artist, author, and instructor of stress management techniques and mindfulness.
If you have trouble registering online please contact me at (503) 348-9139 or waxx@ lindarobertsonarts.com. Classes must be paid for in full by cash, check or credit card prior to the class to confirm your spot. When your payment is received you will be emailed a confirmation notice, additional information about the classes and a map to my studio in NE Portland.
Cancellation and Liability Policies
If the workshop is canceled by the instructor, you will receive a full refund. If another instructor must be substituted for Linda Robertson due to illness or emergency you will have the option to attend the class with the substitute instructor or cancel/reschedule without penalty.
- Cancellation at least 14 days before the class date = full refund or may change to another class without penalty.
- Cancellation 14 days or less before the class date = full refund minus a $30 cancellation fee only if the space is filled by another paying student.
- No show = no refund.
- By registering for this class you agree to assume all responsibility for non-refundable expenses including but not limited to travel and lodging. Travel insurance is encouraged.
Should any injuries occur during or as a result of participation in any class or workshop, the registered student agrees to indemnify
and hold harmless Linda Robertson and all employees, instructors and volunteers connected with Linda Robertson Arts.
Fabulous Collaborator Fred Swan!