My New Online Community:|
Your Magical Lens
I love teaching, especially when I see artists get excited about learning something new! I can't teach in my studio right now, but I can encourage you to stay creative and keep learning more about the magical medium of encaustic painting.
So rather than just moving my studio classes online, I've completely re-imagined one of my most popular subjects: Encaustic & Photography. Your Magical Lens is a fresh view on this exciting subject.
In this adventurous online community, we'll combine encaustic and mixed media with your personal photographs. We'll sidestep common technical challenges and concentrate on the two techniques I find most useful: several methods of hand coloring before and after waxing, and reworking parts of your photographs as college elements with additions of texture and translucency.
But we'll cover way more than techniques. I'll also help you loosen up, be bold in your experimentation, and discover your own unique combination of these creative processes.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Each session will include a new activity or demonstration, and an assignment for the week. These may include:
Experience with basic encaustic painting is necessary to get the most out of Your Magical Lens, but you don't need to be an expert. If you are confident painting with encaustic on your own then you'll be at the right level for this class. The lessons offer rich, personalized instruction that also challenges painters with more encaustic experience to consider advanced ideas and techniques.
- Photo challenges that will encourage bold experimentation
- Encaustic and mixed media techniques that will make your images pop
- Exciting ways loosen up and create art anywhere
- Special guests sharing their creative inspiration and hosting virtual studio tours
- The benefits of a regular art practice
- A peek into what life as a professional artist is really like, and how things are changing
- Insight into how I work in my own studio, including my commissions
If you're feeling like you can't seem to move forward on your own, there's a reason for that. You need dedicated time to explore your art. During Your Magical Lens, you'll be setting aside time each week to do just that. I've been helping artists with this type of creative growth for years, and I'd love you to join us. Most of us learn more quickly in groups, so let's experiment surrounded by new friends.
DEFINE YOUR ART PRACTICE
Practicing art isn't the same as having an art practice. Do you make time to create your art, or is it an afterthought when the day is almost done? (Don't worry, I sometimes struggle with this too.) Let's make a few goals and create a simple structure that allows you more time to be creative. Wouldn't that feel great? Join us and find out!
MEET NEW ARTISTS AND STAY CONNECTED
I have so much knowledge to share, and truthfully we all do. Just like in my studio classes, we'll brainstorm together so you'll be a part of the conversation instead of just watching a video on how someone else does it.
Working within a supportive community makes a huge difference in how quickly you progress, so join us in Your Magical Lens each week for a friendly nudge in the right direction. A private Facebook group will be our playhouse, where you'll post your work and be able to discuss it with artists from anywhere in the world.
LET'S DIG A LITTLE DEEPER
Let's consider not only what you're making, but why you're making it. No clue? That's OK: Let's figure it out together. It's rarely covered in technique-based workshops, so we'll start that conversation and see where it takes us.
We'll also talk about all of the things that are part of being an artist. Things that don't involve which brush is the best or how I made that line. There's so much more to it. Join us and find out!
NOW JUST IMAGINE...
These are my goals for you in Your Magical Lens, and what I can help you find through this community. I will introduce you to the tools you need to get there, and in return I ask you to commit to our journey and approach it with an open mind and a positive attitude.
- Your latest paintings are better than you've ever hoped, and you have a solid plan to make them even better;
- You're inspired to try new techniques every week, not just with encaustic but also with your photography;
- New exercises are taking you out of your comfort zone a bit, but it's OK because you have a friendly group of artists ready to cheer you on as you share your latest work;
- You're not just playing with new techniques, but you're also finding your own powerful voice and realizing what you want to communicate through your art.
JOIN ME ON THIS NEW ADVENTURE
This is the perfect time to invest in yourself! Your Magical Lens is an easy way to provide structure for your creative needs, while having something to look forward with friends every week. I'm excited for you to join us!
Sorry, we're SOLD OUT! Registration will open again soon so join the wait list for your chance to join us.
- 4 hours of online group instruction each month
- New activities and instruction monthly
- Unique photography challenges
- Technique demonstrations
- Opportunities to share your work
- Intuitive painting exercises
- Invitations to create together in real-time
- Resources for creative inspiration
- Encouragement and accountability and to keep you focused
- Creative community to keep you motivated
Most weeks will include a live Zoom session, but some activities will be delivered via video link or email when it's more appropriate. You'll get a more detailed schedule when you register so you'll know what's coming up next.
Should any injuries occur during or as a result of participation in any class or workshop, the registered student agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Linda Robertson and all employees, instructors and volunteers connected with Linda Robertson Arts.